Monday, May 28, 2012

100 Follower Contest Winner Guest Post!!

Hellllllooooo everyone!! I'm very excited today to share with you a guest post!! You may remember when I hit 100 followers I held a contest to have other bloggers with less than 100 followers compete to get a guest post, a button on my sidebar, etc. to help promote their blog!

I was super excited that Lizzy entered! She has an adorable little blog full of fun things! Like most of the rest of us, she loves beauty products! And she has simply gorgeous hair!! I'm also thrilled with what she chose to write about! I've tried knitting (okay, tried and succeeded! Everyone in my family got a scarf last Christmas lol) but I haven't tried crocheting yet! I may just try this pattern that she has to share with us!

Soooo without further ado, I'd like you to all welcome LIZZY!!!!!:) (and after you read her post, go follow her blog!)

Hi everyone! My Name is Lizzy and I'm a newbie to the blogging world. I won this guest post from Kristen at GlitterGlossandGlaze's on her 100 Follower Contest. I typically blog about my current beauty subscriptions, or reviews of products I've been sent complimentary for testing purposes. I enjoy sharing my knowledge of anything beauty or freebie (or both combined) related. 

I chose this DIY Crochet post because it is something a lot of people have asked for, and its quite simple for a beginner at crochet to follow. If you would like to learn how to make a stylish chunky/slouchy beanie, then keep reading!

After posting a video response to TraceyBeauty's "DIY: Chunky/Souchy Beret" on Youtube, I've had many people ask for the written pattern (via YouTube) and Tracey said It was perfectly fine to post this, so here it is!I apologize for the delay, this has been quite the challenge as I have never written a pattern before. 

I also apologize in advance for the pattern itself. (wording, abbreviations) I wrote this pattern in the best way I could. It may be off in terminology or format but If you're one of the viewers who've been really wanting this pattern to be written, I feel this will do it justice.

You can view Tracey's Video HERE and my Video Response HERE.

Slouchy Beannie Pattern:



Supplies:
1 Skein of Worsted Weight Yarn
Size J Crochet Hook
Yarn Needle
Scissors
1Wooden Bead (optional)

1 Small Crochet Hook (small enough to fit through your bead)


Abbreviations:
CH: Chain
Sl St: Slip Stich
SC: Single Crochet
DC: Double Crochet
BPDC: Back Post Double Crochet
FPDC: Front Post Double Crochet
* Repeat For the Entire Round

1. Ch 60 

2. Sl St into the very first chain to create a circle.

3. Ch 3, (Count as a DC here and throughout)


4. DC into each stitch for the rest of row, keeping in mine to not allow the circle to twist. To connect the current row, Sl St into the top of the very first DC.

(This is where you connect your row/circle)

 And this i what it will look once it is connected


5. Ch 3, *FPDC into the first stitch, BPDC into the second stitch* To connect the current row, Sl St into the top of the very first DC


This is what the band of the hat will start look like.

6. Repeat step 5,  four more times

 This finishes the band. 

7. Ch 3, *1 DC into the first stitch, 2 DC into the next stitch* Sl St to connect the current row

Where the hook is pointing, is the stitch you will DC into


This is what the finished row will look like



8. Repeat step 7, two more times

 9. Ch 3,  *1 Dc into each stitch* Sl St to connect the current row

This is what step 8 & 9 will look like when finished

10. Ch 3, *1 DC into every other stitch* Sl St to connect the current row


This is what Step 10 will look like when finished

11.  Ch 3,  *skip two stiches, 1 DC into the the third stitch* Sl St to connect the current row
Tho hook is pointing at the 3rd stitch in which you need to DC into

12. Repeat Step 11 one more time.

This is Step 11 finished

13. 1 SC into every other stitch until you have no where left to go. 

 Keep going! You're almost there!

14. This step is for the optional bead. Cut off  your yarn with about 3- 4 inches. 

Insert your bead through a smaller hook

Grab the yarn through the hook


Tie the yarn around the bead twice

Slip the two ends through the hat

Tie about two-three times ensure its strong enough to hold.  

And there you have it, a finished slouchy beannie!


If you have any questions regarding this hat, please feel free to comment! I understand how frustrating it can be when you're still learning. 

Special Thanks to Kristen for allowing me to guest post and helping me with my button for my blog!!

xoxo

mattabellax3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...