Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Throwback Thursday: Should've Been Over It...

It's time for another edition of Throwback Thursday! YAY!! [insert applause here]. Last week there wasn't a huge turnout of sharing, but I will continue doing this ('til I run out of things to share lol) and invite you to share your past trends in the linky at the bottom of the post!

So this week, I'm sharing a trend that I'm sure at least some of you were also a part of back in the 90's. I promise this was actually popular at one time! OVERALLS! Not just for farmers;) LOL. Overalls hit the market in the early to mid 90s and were seen in both grunge and hip hop arenas of fashion.

Did I have overalls? Ha. Ha. Oh did I!

I had overalls. I had an overall jean jumper. I had the short overalls (actually 3 or 4 of those. With flowers embroidered on the pockets). I also had non-denim overalls! I had corduroy overalls in khaki, brown, and black. Hahah, that's actually kind of embarrassing to admit. But yes. I loved overalls.

It might even be able to be called an... obsession?

I'm not even sure WHY I loved them so much!! I was just convinced they looked good all the time with everything:) Here are a few examples to show just how much I was obsessed with my good ol' denim overalls.

Here I am in 1998......

   .....and 1999....
   ...and 2000...
And it's not even like I can say those are *different* pairs of overalls. And it's not like I didn't have other (cuter) jeans to wear...

I actually LIKED these. Okay, there's my confession. lol.

Hi, my name is Kristen and I was addicted to overalls....

However! I can safely say I have not worn overalls in the last decade:)

Your turn! What crazy, fun, silly, or just plain sad fashion or makeup trend did you find yourself caught in back in the day?? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...