Sunday, July 15, 2012

Nail Challenge Week 28: Gradient Nails

Hi Lovelies! I've gotta tell you this was by far one of my favorite challenges so far... and it was one I was most nervous of! I cannot even begin to count alllll the times I've tried gradient nails before. I had Googled tutorials; I'd ready blogs; I'd watched YouTube videos... but no matter what I did, I just couldn't get them to look like everyone else's... as of last summer, I swore I'd never do it again.

That was, until it came up on this week's nail challenge. I knew I had to do it! I could not fail at a nail challenge! So I started doing more research again...

I'd pinned this picture to my I heart my nails board a few weeks ago, and this was my inspiration:
via
So here's how it started... I had Sinful Colors Snow Me White, OPI Kiss My Tulips, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sunkissed.
After one coat of the Snow Me White, I got a triangle makeup sponge and cut it down so it was about the same size as my finger nails so I could get ready for the next step!
So I had a piece of wax paper and I put the pink polish on top and the orange polish right below. A little thick so that it would not be completely absorbed onto the sponge but would be able to put on my nail (this was a big mistake I'd done in the past--I was painting directly onto the sponge and I never got it thick enough so it wouldn't go onto my nails just right)
Once it's on the sponge, I just "sponge painted" the nail. A little dabbing, a little blending. Then re-drip some polish on the wax paper for each nail so that I'd have a full coverage on all of them.
Ta-da! I only did one coat of the sponging, but you could probably do more if you wanted to make it darker or more intense. I just used a Q-tip dipped in nail polish remover to clean up the excess polish that ended up around my finger from the sponging.
Top coat and done! I absolutely love how this turned out! I started looking at other polishes and thinking of all the other gradients I want to try! I know it seems like a lot of steps, but I promise it's actually super simple and I know you all could do it!:)

Have you tried gradient nails before? What method do you use?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...